Saturday, November 22, 2008

What?! Don't they know any better?!

Last night Mac and I went with friends to go see Quantum of Silence the latest installment of the new 007 series. As we were driving home we saw something that made me seriously wonder about the sanity of some drivers. While on I-295 we saw a car in the left hand shoulder up ahead of us shooting off sparks from the driver's front tire. Initially I thought that perhaps they had hit the barrier. Then without warning (or signaling!) the car shot across the highway (luckily at 11:30pm there was very little traffic) towards the exit ramp. They swerved around a car that was parked on the shoulder and continued to drive down the exit ramp -- shooting off sparks all the time. Initially it looked like the car was riding on its rims. But as we passed the car we realized the driver must have removed the front tire -- there was no tire, no inner tube, no rim ... no tire -- and then continued to drive the car. Ummm can we say unsafe?? I think that the tow truck fees would be less costly than all the damage that woman did to her car by driving it without a wheel. But who am I to judge?

1 comment:

Tim Cairns said...

When I read the title and the first line I thought you were going to blog - what dont they know any better - the new Bond movie has a really silly title!