Sunday, October 14, 2007

Elitism

I don't know why this frosts me so much because I am not very surprised. Democrat staffers in the House of Representatives received immunizations against hepatitis A, hepatitis B, tetanus, diphtheria and influenza for a fact finding mission to the Amazon Basin. Why does this get my blood boiling? I myself have been immunized when I have traveled to countries where infection is highly possible.

If only these liberals were going to such a remote area. They are not going deep into the wilds of the Amazon Jungle, they are headed for North Carolina specifically to a NASCAR race. I guess the simpleness of NASCAR fans scares the liberal politician. These fans don't ride in limousines, they stand for the National Anthem, and bow their head at the prayer of invocation. All frightening stuff to liberal elitists. Perhaps these liberals are worried about being in the South; a place that doesn't much care for liberal holier-than-thou elitism and constantly votes against government intrusion. Maybe the Dems believe that type of thinking is contagious.

No comments: